MJL is Matthew J. Lecin aka
The One and Only Mijjil!
The best day of my life
Without a doubt, the best day of my life is the day I married my Sweetie,
Marla S. Selinger, in her home town of Lakewood!
A close second
If anything approaches the joy of my wedding day, it is the birth of my son
Samuel Reuben. It's hard to believe he graduated from Rutgers University!
I'm retired after over 43 years in software development and now spend time in our 2017 Thor Vegas 25.5 class A motorhome!
Things with strings...
The Top Five Worst Cups of Coffee of All Time!
- Coffee that drove French General Arnold-Aimery to say "Kill them all, God will know his own." in 1209 during the
(The Crusades had nothing to do with retaking the Holy Land from the Infidel, they were about getting their Arabica Coffee!)
- Coffee that prompted Henry VI (England) to proclaim
The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers.
- Coffee that turned Anakin Skywalker to the Dark Side of the Force.
- Coffee that started the French Revolution. (Marie Antoinette said
"Let them eat cake." but she didn't serve any coffee!)
- Coffee provided to Barclays Capital employees on Y2K Day (1/1/2000) during mandatory Y2K support.
...In Eternal Darkness
In eternal darkness I repose,
Missing the day-sun-light,
Missing the night-moon-star-light,
Missing the glow of you.
Shining, sparkling, splitting the blackness,
You stand alone; Lone Star in the Sky.
But I am blackened, melding perfectly
With the ebony atmosphere that envelopes me.
Flitting to and fro, I see your gleam,
I call to you, you hear; searching for me
You come, but in the midnight darkness
You pass by; my outstretched arms not touching you.
Once again dark, blackened, unable to see,
Yet far away I can see a light-dot,
Darting, moving, then stopping; ever searching.
I turn away, knowing you are never to return.
The tears come quickly to my eyes,
They flow down my cheeks;
Not bothering to brush them from my face,
Silently I let them fall.
-- F(x) '77
Mijjil on Mastodon